Laird Technologies POE-24S-AFI PoE Splitter 802.3af Output 24VDC
About This Product
- Input Voltage: 36 to 60VDC
- Output Voltage: 24VDC at .5A
- IEEE 802.3af PoE active splitter
The active POE Splitter from Pacific Wireless gives “carrier class” performance in a low cost system. With its IEEE 802.3af compatibility and advanced auto-sensing algorithm it will accept POE power from any IEEE 802.3af router or power supply. The overload and short circuit protection will shut down power immediately when a short circuit is detected without any damage to the POE system. Power (36 to 60V) is expected on ethernet pins 4/5 (V+) and 7/8 (V-) as per the IEEE 802.3af standard or pins 1,2,3,6 (Cisco Standard).
Using power over Ethernet to power remote devices has several advantages including:
- The power supply can be centrally located where it can be attached to an uninterruptible power supply.
- Power can be supplied over long distances, up to 300 feet.
- Power can be available wherever network access is available
- The user has the ability to easily power on reset the attached equipment from a remote location.