- Five-port unmanaged 10/100 switch
- Power Over Ethernet (POE) supplied to cameras on four ports
- Unique 12V DC / 24V AC power connection via screw terminals
- Automatic Ethernet configuration and safe power management
- Compact, rugged enclosure
A Network Switch for IP Video:
The first diagram illustrates a typical application.
CAMSWITCH QUAD detects the IEEE Power Class of all four
cameras before safely enabling power to them.
Most POE-compatible IP cameras are IEEE Power Class 2,
drawing up to 6.5 Watts. However CAMSWITCH QUAD can
support any combination of POE devices as long as its total
power budget is not exceeded.
In the second diagram, CAMSWITCH QUAD delivers POE
power to two maximum-P
ower Class devices. The remaining
two ports can still be used for Ethernet, but POE power will be
refused as it cannot be delivered safely and reliably.
Power for all devices is supplied via CAMSWITCH QUAD's
versatile power input, which is designed to b
e compatible with
existing 12V DC or 24V AC supplies, and accepts DC power
in either polarity to safeguard against wiring errors.
An optional power supply is also available from Veracity