Anyone in a government agency or sensitive private industry such as health care, energy or financial with a need to transfer sensitive but unclassified data is now required to encrypt this data with a method that conforms to NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Standard FIPS 140-2. AvaLAN Wireless has developed a hardware encryption module (AW140) that has been validated by CMVP (the Cryptographic Module Validation Program) to FIPS 140-2 Level 2. We have packaged the module together with an Ethernet interface in a convenient inexpensive device that can encrypt data in a FIPS 140-2 certified manner for your network.
The AW-HSNetAppliance is used in pairs, one to encrypt data on the trusted LAN where the sensitive information originates, and the other on a second trusted LAN to decrypt the data at its destination. In between, the securely encrypted data may be passed over a public network such as the Internet. The two products together allow creation of a private and secure tunnel that provides a FIPS-validated data path. PLEASE NOTE: These products must be purchased in pairs to make a functional system.
- Security Validated to NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 2 (Certificate No. 1452)
- Physically separate data paths for encryption keys and encrypted data
- USB port to set encryption keys and passwords
- Built-in browser interface to configure Ethernet data paths
- Compact package with low 3W power requirement