The test ports on this MTC Ethernet Surge Arrestor Suppressor Protector allow for troubleshooting without having to gain access to the SM or the customer premise. Test mode does not interrupt the power to the SM therfore a test can be done without a reboot.
POE insertion or extraction can be done via the POE terminals. Power is Polarity agnostic, will work on Canopy or UBNT POE voltages and polarities. NOTE: PINS 4&5 AS WELL AS PINS 7&8 ARE BONDED TOGETHER. THIS MAKES IT UNSUITABLE FOR CANOPY 430 APs but it is OK for 430 SMs.
100 Mbps Ethernet
Note: This product has data on 4 wires and POE on 4 wires. It is limited to 100 Mbps. If you need GigE, check out our GigE Ethernet surge suppressors.
- SM Test Port–connect to SM without interrupting power
- Voltage LEDs prove power supply is on
- Current LED–proves SM is connected and drawing power
- Surge circuit custom designed specifically for WISP Subscriber Radios
- Ethernet CRC error killer circuit
- Bi-Directional TVS provides full protection even during a destructive surge
- High-Speed Ethernet surge suppression design
- Tool-less entry
- Cover is hinged
- Dust tight
- Shielded RJ45 connectors provide a ground to shielded plugs
- Back knockout feature for concealing wires
- Ultra fast suppression – typically less than 1.0ps from 0 Volts to BV min
- Installed on the customer’s premise
- Prevent damage to the SM and the CPE
- Test the SM without climbing to the roof
- LEDs helps customer troubleshoot problems
- May be used as a power inserter