The POE-55iG-ATI is an advanced 802.3at compliant, non-proprietary power supply/injector.
The power supply is autoranging on the input and has a regulated voltage output with overload
and short-circuit protection. It functions with any equipment compliant with the IEEE 802.3at
POE standards. The POE-55iG-ATI includes the intelligent detection algorithms detailed in the
802.3at spec, meaning it will power up any device connected to it. The power is supplied
on Ethernet pins 4/5 (V+) and 7/8 (V-) and comes complete with a standard North American
115 VAC power cord. International cords are available upon request.
Using power over Ethernet to power remote devices has several advantages including:
- The power supply can be centrally located where it can be attached to an uninterruptible power supply.
- The user has the ability to easily power on and reset the attached equipment from a remote location.
- There is no need to run additional power cabling to the device as power can be supplied over the CAT5 Ethernet cable.
- The power supply can power a remote device up to 300 feet away, limited only by the Ethernet standard.
- "Carrier class" power over Ethernet system
- Autoranging power supply/ injector
- Built-in Ethernet surge protection to prevent equipment damage
- Overload and short-circuit protection
- Minimum cross-talk and insertion loss
- Advanced switching technology – runs cool
- Powers clients that accept power on unused Ethernet pins 4,5,7,8
- FCC and CE approved
- Current indicator (CI) option available
- Remote routers, access points, and bridges
- Remote networking equipment
- Remote camera systems
- 400 MHz to 10 GHz systems
- SOHO equipment
- IP phone systems